Join our Discord to keep up to date on the project! Talk with ex-developers, contribute or just meme around.
If advertisements are blocking you from clicking something, disable them here. (Ads are not under our control.)
- "A project created by competent people, with concise information that covers all its subjects in detail."
- — Chris Matthews, Battlefront III/2017 Art Director
- "The largest collection of Battlefront 3 and 4 information I've seen, after years of writing about various leaks."
- — Tom Phillips, Eurogamer
|Game Archive Portal|
|Battlefront III||Battlefront IV||TimeSplitters 4||Battlefront (2004)|
Development of Battlefront III
The complete story behind Battlefront III, the game that was never meant to be.
Free Radical's Battlefront
A look into the gameplay of the cancelled Battlefront title.
The Mysterious FRDEngine
Technical Design Document used during Battlefront III's development. 74 pages long!
Game Design Document of the first Battlefront - learn the origins of the best-seller.
Welcome to the Vault Project's Free Radical Archive!An archive for the games that nowadays live in misinformation – the Free Radical Archive strives to create a complete archive of information on Free Radical Design's next-generation cancelled titles, from Battlefront III, to TimeSplitters 4, to Haze 2. In addition, other games are covered, such as Pandemic's Battlefront and LucasArts' 2008 Indiana Jones.
While not directly affiliated, this project is a spiritual successor to the 600-page Research Document, which served as the basis for the Archive's creation. From unaltered internal documents, to the debunking of myths (such as “Is Elite Squadron a scavenge job?”), there is something for everyone here – developers and fans alike.If you would like to contribute to the project, or represent a company, feel free to send us on the Discord linked at the start of the page.
Did you know...
- …that we could have had a TimeSplitters 2 remaster?
- …that the leaked “r70217” build from 2016 was discovered from a Rebellion XDK (Xbox Development Kit)?
- …that the line “Stick to the plan, Kenobi” was only used as a nod to Battlefront IV, with the line itself done by Rob Yescombe?
- …that after the game was signed, Free Radical Design bought all of its employees a high quality lightsaber replica?
- …that the Dark Lightsaber in The Force Unleashed was based on Battlefront IV concept art?
- …that the Free Radical Design logo was originally meant for the Mantel faction in Haze, and was based on the Swastika?
- …that the Battlefront III logo can be found in the files of Elite Squadron's PSP version?
- …that Rebellion's PSP version was initially going to have a campaign revolving around X1, the idea for which was scrapped early on in the development?
- …that the addition of Col Serra into the PSP version of the game was done in order to give the character another appearance in the Star Wars universe again?
[The Vault Project is a group effort by CloneCommOmar and FuZaH. Additional help to the Free Radical Archive was provided by ϻF ᑝesigns, akus, Clonetrooper163, CheeseFucker221, Head Director Molloy and Richtofen63.]